How 3 Little Numbers Connect Alabama.
2-1-1 Can Help Callers Access the Following Types of Services:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, clothing, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance
- Government Information: City, County, State services and programs. Many people are not sure what government office to contact and so 2-1-1 helps point them in the right direction.
- Health and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs, maternal health, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention and rehabilitation
- Employment Support: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: adult day care, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: child care, after-school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations: community involvement, volunteer centers, disaster relief
- Military and Family Support: programs that serve veterans and their families, community resources, mental health resources, counseling
- Hobby groups and Civic/Service Clubs: for people who have similar interests (gardening clubs, square dance groups, astronomy clubs, etc) or are united by a common cause (political groups, Lions, Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis, etc.)
2-1-1 also provides incident specific information in coordination with local emergency services during times of disaster, including road closures and shelters. For more information about 2-1-1 services, check out the 2-1-1 FAQ page.
For assistance please call 2-1-1 or our toll free number at:
Call 7-1-1 if you are hearing-impaired and ask to be connected to 2-1-1 Connects Alabama.
8 Commerce Street, Suite 1140
Montgomery, AL 36104
2-1-1 Connects Alabama services the State of Alabama only through the phone. Please do not attempt to walk in for service.
Administrative Office Number: